I hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving! Sorry for my recent absence, but here are highlights of our holiday.
• Seeing my husband with frog butt & legs at the Rainforest Cafe in Anaheim.
Tom stopped for a drink while the girls and I checked out the shopping area. Two
hoochy nice ladies bought him a cocktail and offered to show him Disney underground if he’d kindly slip off his wedding ring. Luckily he declined… the tour… not the beverage.
• Catching the Disney Fireworks Show as we left Disney District.
We had never seen the fireworks show, and enjoyed a great view of them from the lawn near the entrance of the downtown shopping area. The girls snuggled with their new Rainforest “glitter-eyed” critters (an owl and a cougar) while Tom only had fond memories of those other Rainforest cougars, the 2-legged kind. ::: Meow! :::
• Spending the day before Thanksgiving at Disneyland.
Disneyland is decked out for Christmas from November 12th through January 6th. We felt so fortunate to combine a business trip with pleasure, and spend the morning & afternoon at Disney. Cinderella’s castle was covered in snow, there were garlands strung across Main Street, the Jungle Cruise was renamed the Jingle Cruise, the characters were dressed in warm sweaters & hats, and the Princes accompanied the Princesses during the Christmas Parade. Plus we finally got to try our 1st Dole Whip (pineapple ice cream)! Four thumbs up!
• Quick Non-Traditional Dinner with Family! Tom’s sister, niece and nephews braved holiday (and Justin Timberlake’s concert) traffic for 3 hours to meet us for a late night Thanksgiving Eve dinner at The Tilted Kilt. We enjoyed the nachos, burgers, sandwiches, pizza, mozzarella sticks, cold beer and soda. We stayed until closing.
• Grilling a turkey the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Our 14 lb. turkey was done in 90 minutes when hubby wrapped it in 6 layers of foil and threw it on the 500° grill. I had to hustle to get the side dishes done in time!
• Baking The Best Gingerbread Cookies. With the exception of possibly five cookies, I think I have devoured 4 dozen cookies myself. I’ll do the waddle of shame after the holidays. Right now, I’ll do the waddle of pure delight!
• Two words – Hot Tub! Our 15 year old hot tub bit the dust, and Tom coordinated an awesome deal with a local Pool & Landscape company for their floor model. We love it!
• Underwater photos. Thanks to the Panasonic Lumix camera, we can take fun pictures above and below water! We bought it over the summer to take photos of our town’s annual River Regatta, and enjoy using it whenever memories are being made.
Busy days are ahead with our youngest daughter’s birthday, her Christmas program at school, Christmas parties, Christmas shopping, and work. I wish you the best holiday season ever!
• What are your plans for Christmas?